Pages

Friday, February 12, 2021

My Pepeha

Kia Ora bloggers 

Today for Te Reo we made a digital copy of our pepeha that we started yesterday.
We were given a lot of links and sources that we could use to make a digital copy of our pepeha.
They were Pepeha.nz, Google slides, Scratch, Gamefroot, Google Tour Builder, Screencastify, Book Creator, Puzzle Maker and there was Flipgrid aswell but we couldn't use it because the teachers hadn't set it up yet. I used Pepeha.nz.
This is my Pepeha. This is a link to Maori Dictionary so you will understand what it means.






































Do you know what a pepeha is?
If you do great! If you don't catch up on your Maori culture. No just kidding, a pepeha is when you introduce yourself to someone in Maori.

First you start off with your Mountain/Maunga. My mountain was Mt Hutt because my family go skiing there every winter.
Next you do a river/awa near you or that you relate to.My river was the Rapaki river because it flows off Mt Hutt.
An then you do your tribe/iwi. (What country you belong to because back then you belonged to the land not the land belonged to you.) My tribe is Aeoteroea (New Zealand) because I have lived here my whole life.
Next you introduce your family. Alun (Dad), Carolyn (Mum) and Zoe (sister) are my family. Well and my dog Mika but I didn't add her in because she is not a person.

My dog Mika








Then you introduce yourself because the people from other tribes might be able to link you to people they know by you telling them your last name but I didn't add that in here because of CYBERSAFTEY. 
My name is Izzy so I put in Izzy because Ko Izzy toku ingua (My name is Izzy)  

Well now you know that may be able to make your own pepeha!
While you go and make your pepeha I will be writing my next post for you to read!

Noho iho rā see you next time!

  

2 comments:

  1. That’s brilliant, probably my favourite post yet. Love the joke in the middle and the explanation with a link to the Maori dictionary. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic blog post. I love how you have made links to the dictionary, and have also been funny with your audience, it made me laugh. I am going to try to memorise my pepeha this year, it’s a challenge I have set myself. Can you say yours out loud with correct pronunciation?
    Don’t forget to use the macron when you are write māori words...you can add a shortcut to your keyboard to do it :)
    Love Mum xoxo

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post.