Pages

Friday, June 18, 2021

EPro-8 Qualifying Challenge

Kia ora bloggers, Last week I trialled for the EPro-8 comp. The EPro8 Challenge is an inter-school science and engineering competition. There were 2 tasks. One was Rock Band where you had to make a drumbeat from 2 meters away without touching it. The other one was the School Bag where you were put in groups of 4 and you had to use the heavest school bag in our group and build a structure the was 500mm off the ground and you couldn't touch it. We decided to do Schoolbag and we used Amelia's bag. We made it like some scaffolding.  The second part of the task was to put all of the group's bags on the scaffolding and they couldn't touch each other. Some of the people who did it last year chose who would go into the teams.
There were 9 spots available and we had 17 people who wanted to do it. How many tasks you completed determined how many points you got. Our team got 110 points.
I got in a team!! šŸ™‚
The next week there was a challenge that you had to do in your teams. It was a qualifying challenge.
The task was to make a famous landmark and launch party poppers from 3 different directions. I was in a team with Tayla, Matt and Hamish. We made the Taj Mahal.  We only had 6 hours to make it.
This is a video of our completed task.


We used about 2 bags of party poppers before we got it right. I think we did really well. 
Was there something like the EPro-8 challenge when you were at school?
Ka Kite see you next time!


1 comment:

  1. Kia ora koutou Izzy! Epro 8, wow! That is so cool how you got into a team and that you worked really well. I also really liked how you choose to do something really unique and different from everybody else. I LOVE how you have structured your blog post. You clearly know all the elements needed for a good blog post. Overall you have done a great Job but next time could you please explain how you made the Taj Mahal. Other than that, 10/10!
    Did you know that I did Epro 8 last year? Our task was to create an animal and to make it have one moving feature. We made a whale, with a sprout that actually sprouted water! Crazy, right?
    Amazing blog post and remember, keep up that creatitvity!
    Blog ya Later!

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post.