Pages

Friday, May 21, 2021

WW1 Christmas truce

 Kia Ora Bloggers,

This week and last week for literacy we have been learning about ANZAC day. Our task this week was to watch the videos and read the text about the WW1 Christmas truce. Once we had read and watched what we needed to we had to write a report about it.

I have enclosed my report so you can have a read-through. I haven't quite finished it yet.


I used google docs to create this and I used Mrs. Kerin's pieces of text to get the information from.
I don't usually enjoy learning about history but I enjoyed learning about this topic.
Did you learn anything from my report? I would love to know what you learned!

2 comments:

  1. I’m really glad you found learning about this interesting as I believe it to be an extremely important moment in the war and an insight into the humanity of the people forced to do the fighting. Can you imagine taking photos and playing football with someone and a day later have that person in the sights of your rifle? Do you think the Generals were right to stop future truces?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ni hao Izzy! This is such an amazing report. The introduction really hooked me in and I really wanted to know more. The report has great punctuation, spelling and is really informative. You have understood what you needed to do and you came out with this stunning report. There really isn't much wrong with it, but maybe next time you could explain what was a challenge for you. Other than that, great Job. Did you know I did something very similar to you. We had to do a report about climate change and an animal we liked.
    Blog ya later!

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post.