Pages

Friday, May 7, 2021

Fun ANZAC Day activities

 Kia Ora bloggers!

Welcome back to my blog! In literacy for weeks 1, 2, and 3 we have been delving a bit deeper into ANZAC day. Do you know what ANZAC stands for? We have to complete a minimum of 7 tasks in the 3 weeks we have got to complete them. I have enclosed my slide with all of the activities we could do, the activities I have completed, and the stories on it. You can have a look at it and do some of the activities too.


I found it quite interesting learning about Gallipoli. Did you know that all of the countries have mascots and they are all live animals? I didn't know that! 
Sources: My sources were google and the slide Mrs. Kerin made.
Ka kite see you next time!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, there’s so much on that slide! I’m looking forward to the Anzac biscuits :)
    Your language and tone in the blog is lovely, it reads just like you speak, I can hear your voice in my head as I’m reading.
    Keep up the good work my girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderfully thoughtful work, well done. I couldn’t see the comic strip perhaps because I am looking at this on my phone- and so will check on my computer! What animals are the mascots for? Just those that fought in the war? I would imagine NZ has the kiwi and Australia has the kangaroo- am I right?
    Can’t wait to help be a taste tester for your biscuits 😋
    Keep up the great mahi, Mum xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora Izzy! Its Lucinda again and I'm here to comment on your creative blog post. Thanks for sharing your amazing work. It's great to learn about the Gallipoli war to find out more about NZ's history. Maybe next time you could showcase your work on Canva, Adobe spark or something interactive. I am dying to find out what happens to Torty after he runs away. Maybe you could do a part three?
    I have reccently finished reading a book about Jews surviving in the second world war. It was very sad but it had a happy ending. Over all, this was an amazing blog post.
    Ka kite Izzy!
    Blog ya Later, Lucinda!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kia ora Izzy!
    Your work is really good. I like how you put speech marks to tell us what biscuits and batter is what. I differently want to try the cinnamon,lemon juice and vanilla Anzac biscuits! liked you story about The life of lucky torty. Maybe next time you could add another line to you national anthem.
    Until next time Izzy bye!:)

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post.