Pages

Wednesday, April 15, 2020

My first Google Hangout meeting with Mrs Arkinson and all the other bits in my day

Kia Ora Bloggers!

Today I did my first Zoom meeting with my awesome teacher Mrs Atkinson she is my teacher for litracy and writing. My first meeting at 9:30 - 10:00 sometimes a bit over.
My second meeting is for math and it is at 1:00 - 1:30 sometimes a bit over.

For my math work today a Dot Tally on ALL the food in my house witch included Meat,Veggies, Fruit and Dairy.





































Do you know what a Dot Tally is? My mum is a teacher at the school I go to and she teaches year 7-8 and she didn't know what a Dot Tally was! If you do know what a Dot Tally is where did you learn it?
Tell me in the comments!

Ka Kite see you next time!

3 comments:

  1. Lovely post, I’m sure Mrs Atkinson will love being called Awesome!
    I’ve never seen those dot tally things before, I always used the simple one with 4 lines and a slash.
    Love seeing you get stuck into your school work during the day. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well my goodness Izz, I do love being called awesome! I really enjoy reading all your posts and seeing all the amazing things you've been doing! Your explanation of your learning is fantastic, it is very clear and easy for your audience to read and follow, well done. A dot Tally is a pretty cool way of recording mainly used in data books and is designed to show changes over long periods of time. I see you have found the image with the 1-10 system on it, well done. I'm sorry we sometimes go over the time, but I just love getting to see you all :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Izzy, wow I've actually never seen this type of tally system before. You learn something every day! Your family sure loves their fruit. Did you have to graph this data somehow? If so, how would you choose to graph it? Good to see you're enjoying your online learning. Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post.