Pages

Thursday, April 23, 2020

WELCOME TO DR SUESS DAY!

Kia Ora Bloggers


You may remember we're doing themed dinner challenge this week and today it was Daddy & my turn! Can you guess what we did? We had great fun planning all the crazy Wacky Wednesday ideas such as shoes on the celing, socks on chair legs, toilet paper in the kettle and a sock on it's handle. My favrouite was when we swapped some of the cutlery with random things like toothbrushes, hairbrushes, chopsticks and things like that. I'll put some photos at the end of the post for you to look at.

Before I tell you about the EPIC food, I must tell you about my sneaky slideshow.
The idea was to make it look like a TV that's off and have Dr. Seuss characters pop up on the screen.
Check it out below 



Pretty sneaky don't you think!

Now for the best bit. The Food.

What's the first food you think of in Dr. Seuss?

I bet you thought of Green Eggs and Ham!

If you did, you are correct.



















If you want to do it too, this is how you make green eggs & ham.


  • First separate the egg yolks from the whites.
  • Put your each of your yolks into a different cup. 
  • Then put the whites in a bowl and make them green with some food colouring.
  • Just before you cook the egg, take a spoonful of the green egg whites and put it carefully into the cup with your yolk.
  • Pour it all straight into the pan (or BBQ like us).  When the [gtreen] whites go hard, its ready to eat!

Enjoy!

For desert, we did
One fish 
Two fish
Red Fish
Blue Fish
which was chocolate fish in jelly.

Can you think how we got the fish to swim inside the jelly?

Here are a few pictures of the rest of the things we did

Ten (Two) Apples up on top




We had another themed dinner on Monday, you can read all about that on my Other Blog Post


The challenge sounds pretty cool right!

Do you think you should try this challenge?

I think you should because it is so much fun!

Tell me if you are going to in the comments and send me some photos!

Ka Kite see you next time!

13 comments:

  1. Izzy, I think this dinner theme is awesome!! You all look very happy too so you must have really enjoyed yourselves.
    How do you make green eggs? I have never seen that before.
    You asked if we will be doing a dinner theme like this? Well, I think we might just have a go as it looks so much fun.
    Who’s turn is it best to come up with a themed dinner?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Uncle Mikley
      I have updated this post and the recipe is on there, but since you are my favrouite Uncle Mikley I will tell you the recipe now.
      First separate the egg yolks from the whites.
      Put your each of your yolks into a different cup.

      Then put the whites in a bowl and make them green with some food colouring.

      Just before you cook the egg, take a spoonful of the green egg whites and put it carefully into the cup with your yolk.

      Pour it all straight into the pan (or BBQ like us).

      When the [green] whites go hard, its ready to eat!

      That is how you make Green eggs and ham.

      Delete
    2. Izzy,
      Thank you for the recipe, I think Uncle Mikely will have a go at these at the weekend!!

      Delete
  2. Hi Izzy,
    I have never seen green eggs before!
    Looks like you are having lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so much fun thinking up crazy themes!

      Delete
  3. Izzy that is amazing That looks fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Hey Lucy
      It is so much fun making food and eating others themed foods.

      Delete
  4. Hi Izzy I really like what you did with green eggs and ham.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Mathew making the green eggs and ham was so much fun!
      I think you should try making them. The recipe is on the post since I updated it.

      Delete
  5. Hey Izzy,
    I love the face paint and that all of the food!

    From you BFF Amelia!^﹏^

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow Izzy that is very cool.
    What did the eggs taste like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Hamish
      The eggs tasted like normal fried eggs.
      Grandmas eggs tasted like scrambled eggs because she had green scrambled eggs

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post.